The SA Course is Available in 2 Different Formats:
Interactive Online Program – An online program which delivers proven-effective education in a specifically structured environment which is designed to pique participant interest and increase retention levels by offering them an easy to use, interactive, media-rich presentation that surpasses outdated “read and click” material. The program utilizes video scenarios which are guided by a facilitator along with others who have also been caught shoplifting. Participants answer questions and, after understanding their behavior, they work to create a personal plan to stop shoplifting.
Home-Study Program – A comprehensive correspondence course (mailed to the home) presented on audio CD’s with a workbook. Listening to a facilitator and other people caught shoplifting, participants are guided through the program while answering questions from the workbook. (Available in English and Spanish)
The SA Course will take 3-4 hours to complete. It is not necessary that the program is completed in one sitting. We encourage participants to take breaks as often as needed . . . as long as they complete the program by the deadline date, if appropriate.
The SA Course helps people:
- Identify the thoughts, beliefs and attitudes which led them to shoplift.
- Understand the truth about the law and its consequences.
- Examine their behavior and understand how much they risked for a small reward.
- Understand the social and financial impact of their behavior.
- Understand how their actions hurt many people – their families, themselves, the employees at the store and the community at large.
- Understand and acknowledge that their behavior resulted from a choice that was theirs alone and could have been made differently.
- Develop a personalized plan to stop shoplifting now and in the future.
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL IN THE SA COURSE THEFT CLASS
Questions? Call 1-800-848-9595
©2010 National Association for Shoplifting Prevention